Searching for a easy, filling recipe that can final you thru the week and requires minimal washing up? Do this one-pot sausage and bean casserole recipe.
This recipe is absolutely easy and prices subsequent to nothing. To make this recipe, it actually helps to have a great ovenproof pot that may also be used on the hob as nicely (keep away from plastic handles as they will soften within the oven).
This recipe is bound to fill you up till breakfast the following day, and the perfect factor about it’s which you could cook dinner it multi function pot, so dishwashing is stored to a minimal.
Sausage casserole recipe
Serves: 4–6 | Price: round £3.37* (£0.84 per serving, primarily based on 4 servings) | Time taken: 50 minutes
- 8 medium sausages (£1.85)
- 1 giant onion (£0.12)
- Salt (or garlic salt you probably have it)
- 250g of bacon (£0.43)
- 1 pint of vegetable or rooster inventory (made utilizing one inventory dice) (£0.05)
- 3 tablespoons of tomato puree (£0.11)
- 1 can of cannellini beans (£0.60)
- 2 tablespoons of mustard powder (£0.21).
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC (gasoline mark 4) and cook dinner the sausages in a big oven-proof pot (with a glug of oil to cease them sticking to the underside) for 20 minutes, turning often.
- Take away the pot from the oven and add the onion, bacon and a sprinkle of salt (garlic salt you probably have it). Fry every part till the onions begin going a bit translucent.
- Add the inventory to the pan together with the tomato puree and eventually add the beans – deliver to the boil.
- As soon as it has reached boiling level, stick the entire pot again within the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take away from the oven, stir within the mustard and serve.
Be happy to combine this sausage casserole recipe up a bit by including chilli (though not an excessive amount of as boiling chilli makes it even spicier), some spinach leaves for a little bit of fibre, or a mixture of different beans when you fancy. You’ll be able to even add a tin of baked beans if you cannot reside with out them!